Unrecovery: What is a Consumer Science?

Though there may be calls to action to segue to quality psychiatry after all the normative community awareness campaigns are done, I can't wait.

The future of medicine is popularly called to be customised. I can't wait.  The future of public mental health is open at your place? The future of public mental health starts with housing first? I can't wait.

So I didn't.

Once the medical marketed challenged "lifestyle" team  and sleep clinic at my area health kept saying "good research" and started babbling more than me at what I was presenting them (eg racetam class of supplements and some are restricted. don't get your hopes up, remember: customise...) I thought, alright

it may be true that my well natured team wouldve loved for me to be their boss. We got on well.

As I'm not paid I feel the position of such mooted management heavily. A vapid exploitation but exploitation nonetheless. I disengaged and customised to the best of my research ability.

And that's what it's all about.

Now without pulling any longbows or shortswords at any battle of crecy I'm cool with things like what I call Consumer theology. Belief in a higher power does get people through. Anything that gets you through sometimes. Consumer conspiracies and Peer Espionage Narratives?

I have my tastes. Some call me bogue, some call me snoot. Why can't we have both? lol

Biostatistical caveats of relapse? ok, as long as it's not the shortsword of Damocles

Quality psychiatry as it stands in my neck of the woods has an adjunct of Cardiometabolic Syndrome health centre for the injuries that current Quality Psychiatry can give. I don't have to regale anyone with lived and living experience to say that many of us get deleterious side effects if not, even more serious.

For those who take medication and have adjusted with or without their own consumer science like taking certain supplements, exercising, therapy, talking to peer workers, structured activities - this is all part of a science.

My pharmaceutical journey has finished. After going through all the range of pertinent meds, one after the other, like a shotgun, all with side effects to which the good registrars said: let's change this.

yes, let's change that but with compliance I am given little option.

To comply with the most "benign" meds will cause rapid weight gain and thus increase risk under Cardiometabolic Syndrome.

The pharmaceutical journey was part of my journey. I don't disavow that and I'm showing it up too.

I don't comply because fuck dying today. And what a day in Sydney!

Thanks to people who came before me to help out. This includes health staff, the living-experienced, antipsychiatrists, schizophrenia war champions, lgbtiqa+ friends.

Quality psychiatry - considering the epidemiology it may be an oxymoron. The fabianist project in a world given to acceleration and information negentropy.

The achievement of your homeostasis, multistability, well being, what have you. Zero to PRN, These are common community lives. Customisation, including non-compliance, in my and many other experiences are communal and self directed.

I use the term non-compliance for political leverage. I'm sure in the worlds of unrecovery post-medicalised you can call it diddly squat.

Trauma informed care is so important. Philosophically this care is informed by trauma but it is necessarily non-trauma based. The non-trauma is informed - by trauma.

I make this point only because in some living experiences, trauma discourse can easily succumb us to immersion. Anyone ever exhausted about hearing about trauma all day?

Non-traumatic base care, trauma-informed care - has to keep this liability to immersion and exhaustion in mind. All that trauma talk in medico-legal environments, even from a meta-analytical viewpoint, can affect the best of us.

Personally, the more I cultivate the non-trauma base aspects in discourse and practice in my self-care the more the non-trauma life develops. This is getting towards an unrecovery.

Can you be unrecovered and compliant? I don't know (is this an angry and sarcastic consumer?) but if you're non compliant, unrecovery is part of the ballpark domain. I can couch my unrecovery in terms of ontology, semiology, phenomenology and anthropology. This might make some of the conservative medical establishment a bit po-faced.

And the normie progressive health worker here and there have said oh yeah, the emic medical anthropologist.

yawn. How's that Quality psychiatry coming along?

You wouldn't want us to take it into our hands would you? heheh let's work out risk matrices like some vacuous hipster start up plan (ping: gaslight by guild)


[ The event occurs - have faith in the event - name it. Name it all the way. It is an objective phenomenology.

"(we're) concerned with truth procedures and with questions of validity—not if it is measurable and repeatable but whether it is valid and true."
]


And all the fearful allied health workers bridging up at a peer work force as job threat. you might wanna listen up too,

though what i'm on about here is mostly peerless. non compliant consumer...is this a thing?

or just unrecovered, cos that is a thing. catch me as a 19th century alienist under orthomolecularity and conceptual physics new alchemy or a fish in some cool safety net - fine porosity, elegant folds, grids in motion - chainframed. low quality bait forever.



Image shared with permission: Sean Smith HORIZONS mixed media 2017 (detail)





Popular Posts