Unrecovery: Augury and the Melted Crystal

Werner Herzog said the poet gazes fearlessly into the dark crystal. Maybe the fearlessness trope transforms and the dark crystal melts into rivulets.


I had a dream where a clear voice of a past family member talked to me. In the past I've had dreams of music sounding like mid 20th century classical music - a common auditory dream where usually vision takes pride of place.



[In my fb datamine I wrote about a vision I had in 2015. I wasnt trying to elicit one. In a meditation i focussed on an x axis at varying speeds and intervals along the line. I discussed it with Melbourne artist Olga Savvidis. The visions were that Paris would be bombed and that in a renewable energy future fossil fuel automation would return but only as technological and energy retro aesthetic.



The Paris thing eventuated]



The clear voice of a dead family member that conversed with me answered my question of when I was going to die: in two years.



Interesting answers to a couple of questions and in the dream I perceived a yellow spark in my right brain hemisphere that was portal. 



Ive talked about the dream with a researcher, with living experience, in the neurohumanities



The voice asked in my dream to open my eyes to see their face. In midsleep I attempted. Through the murky squint I didn't see their face.



Being told i was going to die soon was calming because I have no one else's or no group values I have to conform to. Any struggles I had before with that get the bird, flying away.



It was an extraordinary experience and if I do die soon then it will have been a truly extraordinary experience.



I asked the heard dream-voice where they were talking from. 



My aunt was a devout catholic but they didn't say it was a Christian heaven, more like an external holographic world. I should've asked if she only knew that by virtue of our contact. 



She also said that I'll be stuck in hospital in front of an LCD screen in my last days. That's all i can currently recall. 



I entertain this clear voiced dream conversation without necessarily subscribing to it. Other dream states I've experienced vertical inertia in dreamt descending elevators. These internal states are synaesthetic - cross modal. Proprioceptive dreaming. As well as having the image of people visualised in my torso muscles. Invoking heard-voices. Having a perceptual state of being 25 years old, the last time I was non medicated knowing full well I'm in my late 40s. Associationism. Bifurcated temporal perception. Cross modal interoception. A retrosynthetic logic at work perhaps. A supersentience.



I imagine my philosopher friend Terence Blake saying "poets do try prophecy on" though this prophecy was not in my own voice. Big ups to poet Cesar Vallejo.


Popular Posts