Unrecovery: Poetry First

Everywhere I go a poet has been before me - Sigmund Freud

Dear Dr blablabla

After close to a year of non compliance to state polypharmacy the transformation of my life has improved for the better. Tapering off was slow.

My initial psychosis in 1996, which I keep faithful to more as historical extreme state or rupture, to keep to the language used here had to be dealt with.

Medication was for me fraught with associated iatrogenic injury. Most notably, Cardio Metabolic Syndrome.

To ameliorate predicament (I hope I’m using that term correctly), I had disengaged from state public health and my near-decade long housing instability has been finally resolved for good.

I am not familiar with objective phenomenology as Badiou coins it. What I’ve done is via use of physics as heuristic and interpretive frame, name my extremities, my rupture.

As Badiou quipped words to the effect – unfold the space that does justice to your body.

I am increasing familiar with topology and geometry, perhaps following in a contemporary Platonism.

I use semiology to name and vigiliate precipitative states. Sometimes, just awareness and naming is enough to collapse state back to a general stability. Thus minimising vigilance.

Beyond that? A poet’s synaesthesia. It’s a life.

I’ve had interesting experiences in non medicated self-care . A strong associative perceptual state to pre-medicated times, knowing full well I am 48 years old, occurs episodically.

There have been other cross modalities. Maybe in a discourse this “knowing full well” could be named a meta-perceptual state.

My poetry career is doing well. After 40 or so critical single work publications I’ve had my second chapbook critically released nationally in Australia and get odd work performing and panelling literary events and national writers’ festivals.

Am also applying to a Masters in Culture, Health and Medicine at Australian National University for their next intake.

Regards,

Ariel Riveros
Poet

Popular Posts