Memoir: Folie à Deux

I have a friend who is relatively well to do. And in her world she has friends who are relatively well off to her. She helps me with offers of money. Only when we meet and then not always.

I thought to show some independent bravure and refuse. She's said "this is not a pay it forward" and then "this is a redistribution" I was ok with that because there is a communitarian moral ambience and therefore good and bad and debt. A Young Dryas tripartite. If vibe-secular then cosmic auditing-profiling-anatagonism. Trickle down effect antagonism vestiges but from middle class reality-tv x-er theatrics. Distribution at least bypasses the security system of community value debt tracking.

My dear friend I'll call her Trudy. We drove to Canberra once. We talk of social systems theory. AI but Antipredictive Imperceptibility. We don't always have a smooth run on the line. I mentioned something about fluids without viscosity or friction surface. Her eyes lit up. Made my day.

On return we drove down Regent Street Redfern. It was already into evening. A fire truck passed us in Canberra outskirts. We sensed siren. It played. Lucky ducks us.

On regent Street the fire engine sounded siren. I had an inner ear reception of the siren sonic. Not an actual audial hallucination. Atypical hell yeah. Interesting sonic tech. I looked at her while we're idle at traffic lights. She looked back. "Did you hear that?" I nodded in assent. "We both heard that???"


Popular Posts