"And So I Close My Eyes" - poetry by Ariel Riveros

That’s why I have written that if ontology is the science of the thing, of the pure “something,” we must conclude that ontology is mathematics - Alain Badiou


And so I close my eyes
say to my self
mind my self
as I hurtle sensorial
Self reflect? No mirror
Line breaks as wagging law,
Self perceive? Selfless feels.
Autoperceive cognitive field
of self talk, enter an image,
enter overlaying images, 
enter lines drawn asterisk
images converge
I am hailing a dream.
Easy barefeet to unconscious
traffic. The palais a trash can
But the trash can is a block of
apartments made by heroic
euclid sculptors rattling
change in their pockets
faith in progress n tech
n democracy as they
struggle in their
boardroom deals 
on heroism driving
high end german
revolutionary designers
you da field of flowers
on a field of linen jackets
you da man with glint in
beer googles. You introduce
me embarrassedly to the
phenomenal presented
clambering over each other
to a line home and me
still a Hegelian teenager.
a boomer coughs they 
were expert physical
Playing zero sum
with Jack and Thomas Carlyle. 
Docey doe

now though.


Popular Posts