The Political Economy of My Last Intake

In late March 2018 I was sleepless for a few days.


After feeling physiologically exhausted I called the ambulance. As precursor, I had run out of melatonin and the PRN antipsychotic I use in the last instance.|



At the ambulatory hospital reception I was assessed by nursing staff as a non-emergency case of insomnia. I asked for a sheet of the antipsychotic. Melatonin is not readily available nationally. 



No was their answer.



As it was a Sunday there was no peer advocate or legal representation available. As well I didn't have my phone on me. I waited over two hours to then see the psychiatrist. I don't recall verbatim what our dialogue was but I recall his inflexibility. In the dialogue I raised a point of order but to no avail and no legal recourse. 



I was made involuntary. Against my will and against a reasonable challenge unacknowledged by the inflexible psychiatrist. On reflection, I should have stood my ground and force their hand in getting physically restraining with me. That is something that is possible nowadays with the State examined reticence of getting all brawny and restraining. 



After involuntary intake and unsolicited treatment the philosophical challenge I made to doctors early on saw our following sessions timed down to around 3 minutes. In the final session I was informed that the two+ weeks i was involuntarily admitted and treated to hospital that my stay cost $1200 a day. I suppose the supposed bottom line ie the buck and not health was an ethical entreaty meant to garner my approval of the whole scheduling - as if I had any say to start off with 




AND all you had to do, dear Sydney Local Health. was just give me a sheet of the PRN to tie me over to the following few hours till i go to my gp and then fill the script. Save thyself and me a motza. 



For the sociological argument we could say the austerity-style non access to PRN medication is a retributive punishment for any poverty or diversity of chronobiopolity or lifestyle.







of interest to the consumer science generator - the landing of Marie Bashir centre presents an interesting optical illusion of a "moire" afforded by the hexagonal metal multiple grid of surrounding fences. Too there is the optics of a prismatic spectral array. My interest is if these optics have any positive health effect to the consumer.


Popular Posts