Flash Fiction: homeopathology

i saw a doctor years ago who was also a homeopath. they issued me fancy pastilles to be dissolved in the great lakes of michigan and to be sipped after every meal (that bit's a lie).

she was consulting some 18th century homeopathic text. she showed me the category I was homeopathized under "for those imagining they are wolves" and then under that was another category "for those who wistfully wander muddy moors". this practice is gothic poetry and the doc made a decision that in contemporary terms might be said to approximate clinical lycanthropy which is not that poetic. 



I never ever said to her I was a wolf, not as some freedom of choice radical liberal otherkin or other who might not have as well a developed/ideological decision faculty.

perhaps she liked 18th c literature. i'll likely never see her again in practice but it'd be the only occasion i'd shave with razor and cut my hair and wear a tropically optimistic hibiscus shirt to such appointments where the criteria of presentation is as important as a job interview, public speaking or a date or something. fashion counter projection

Popular Posts