Poem: Belong to the anthemic

Belong to
the anthemic
the confabulation
the fabric and
observation of
rule and its flexing
and propriety
and the I made it through
What about you?

I slide between the
cracks of external
and public.  
The good life is
your region and
survival is mine.

The world is
something to be
negotiated. I
ask for it though
to all shake,
motion orbital.

Boom break
tussle us
till the object dust
lands the narrative twixt
the paracontext.

The less I am
home or wrested
from the peace
of limbs and holiday

the less the citizenry
the less the law
and it belongs to
you.

You say these are
universal hustling
and those like me
Bit or much
End in a fenced-off.

I belong outside of here.
Alien, the atheist scrawl,
the interior, the growling
exterior. The process
of love, closeness of
I can't belong to what
I myself am.




Popular Posts