Flash Fiction: Rioting and Subsequent Looting

-->
I dream about what's happening to me. I dream my immediacy.
I dream that I'm asleep and my muscles rest but my head sweats. It happens on and off.

But I dream less as time unwinds its arms and bent wings.

My bed is in a house. I'm moving out in two days. I keep dreaming.

I haven't had a hit in five days. Hanging for horse makes me sick so I'm leaving my bed and taking the keys with me so when the new tenants takeover I can open the door and take everything they have and get on.

It's six weeks since I self-evicted. I walked down the old street and further down

A whole lot of people are milling around the old house. They look tired and sick and they're all looking inside at the new possessions.

So I'm the hero of the day and show off my kill skills, shove the cunts all away all away and they all yell "wot the fuck do you think YOU'RE doing!" And I don't give a flying fuck and hold the key like a fucking Arthurian legend.

Ex-calibre rifle.

Door opens and there's no one indoors at all.

We all raid the house, taking stealing reefing corrupting
a riot in one house breaks out and we break out the silver and break in the windows
and breaking and entering and the law is a horse's ass

Reefing clothes and someone decided to stay put and just eat the beans that were cold nine days old.

Walls get wrecked, fucking and sex, and blood all around, the screams wake me up and I'm now awake and surrounded by the rioters who've just found the back room of the unoccupied house I'm dreaming in.






Popular Posts