Conversation with a Peer Support Worker by Ariel Riveros

I had a conversation with a peer support worker. They confided in me their distrust of reality like The Matrix. Watershed. I guided them through Descartes "brain in a vat" thought experiment. Cogito ergo sum. They countered with "there's a chance that could be wrong." I replied chance is mathematical. The Cogito is philosophy. Incorrect operant. (education: your doubt is thought.) They are trained in psychology. Bad time to argue psychology against me.

I later mentioned Engels that human nature derives from social conditions. Nature/Nurture is limited and nurture is commonly begun with family only.

Memory was mentioned and fear. An innate fear of a grip with reality. The innate was dissipated by Engels social conditions. They mentioned innate fears from birth of falling and water. That happens over time with engagement with the external world. The external world over time becomes memory. Pure memory. The fear they mentioned I said was confirmation of a grip, a grip too strong. A family history was related of transgenerational schizophrenia, and of death, grief, secrecy. I said I am the embodiment of the secret you can't say. A lot of love was sent "to" them in my utterances. No "froms." During all this part of the conversation their eyes went all starry. I live for that.

I asked if they wanted an embrace and they said no and thanked me for actually asking as no one ever had previously. They called this a peer conversation and that we were peers. I said just this once because you've shared your guts out. First time I've allowed that. They left and I farewelled "goodbye good friend"

[I class this work personally as Philosophical Counseling]






Popular Posts