Informal Theory: Demedicalisation-Resubjectivation and State Mental Health

A personal transmission: I have some encouragement from my networks. I am in process of starting tapering again. I have to do this to avoid the endpoints of Cardiometabolic Syndrome. I thank the late Mark Fisher for aligning mental health with left politics in resistance.

The bioreductionist frame of psychiatry is just not equipped to handle the social, political, transgenerational (suffice to say external world in a formal way) and is camerally, with pharma and its amalgamation to the epidemiology of mental illness, playing hand in hand with capital. Not mentioning (nano) surveillance, constraint and seclusion; and the slew of sociopolitical underperformances from state public healths. 

The fraying of the social margins is shaking the earth as we speak. As a long term outpatient I can only say is that if you hold in faith to treatment for long enough you will exhaust the limits of public health.Thus I feel ready for the continuous process of unshackling from the chains that hold me captive at cellular transfer level. 

A scholarly motto I have formed "demedicate-resubjectivate" 

Demedication for me is a formal rigour involving matrices of habits that respond to my precipitative states and dromology (madness, mania)

In my framework Schizophrenia does exist. It just has nothing to do with medicine. Some conservative relativists working in public health may agree but will kneejerk react in return to work demands that we've seen in the UK NHS to be tragic in the thousands of lives lost due to austerity. So such ill thought bastardisation considering itself liminal libertarianism ends up another type of oppression. Those colleagues have to go or change. 

I don't mind though relativists who say schizophrenia doesn't exist but thats replaced with paradigms of shamanism, spiritual emergence, genealogical Wicca etc

The thing is, there's a transformation, a parallel world of affect that doesn't fit hand in glove with capital on its own or given time and space.

I take the tapering process seriously because it's easy for dromology to occur and that's hospitalisation. The set of my symptoms along with the set of my daily routines relate and it's posited symptomatology will be variegate and smoothen if routine is consistent. 

The NDIS may offer me a secondary tier of activities. For example, I do resistance training and walking then as extension I ask for an NDIS registered dance teacher. I find salsa dancing euphoric. I'm sure the wellness research would back me in multiple ways here.

And in midstream reflection, it may not be a full taper but a mediated tapering where my immediate priority is to get the hell out of cardiovascular events risk/horizon. The rest of my set of self-care organisation might be augmented similarly by the NDIS. Guitar teacher, artist teacher and/or bodies. 

The question of sex work service provision is also present. It's physiologically fraught for me but may help. Though this area brings political differences and if the online world says "bring your political entourage" I'll stand here as isolated not knowing much but supporting the initiative. 

Along with all this, having the help of a public hospitals detox centre and bringing all the treatment network together in an Open Dialogue manner is also possible.

Resubjectivation is like reinventing the self. I caught glimpse of a Psychology Today article saying you can fundamentally change your personality. The social and treatment process of demedicalisation as mentioned is to me a classical mechanics paradigm. The rotation here for change is mainly social. The question of identity rears its head at power, re-formatted, re-evaluated, reinvented as demedicalisation. The plane of existence and ensuing experience I arrive on is a great improvement on disintegrative psychopolyharmacy. And keeping a contiguous love of neoclassicism as perhaps I might gaze across at the sandstone establishment. Dr Kraepelin, I am here to jeer and annoy you at this night of chamber music.

(Heard voice: a dollar and Lorraine." On Google check? Yes good call)





Popular Posts