What to Do in the Case of Dreams Eventuating


"If the dream is a translation of waking life, waking life is also a translation of the dream." - Rene Magritte

Last night I dreamt a snail crossed a razor
on waking there was a slug in my shaving cream

I had also dreamt about my friend Deborah and met her the following day in the same hazy white space
but this was Woolworths and not the slippery ether
of unconscious thought

These things have now been happening for
months. I resolved myself to this fact early on.

But no matter how hard I try
I can't dream of skyscrapers made of greenbacks
or the currencies of high GDP states
(like Luxembourg and Dubai)

neither has the vision of my figure in
Academy Award broadcasts ever drifted
into the frame of any afternoon slumbers.

I make sure I don't eat nightmare inducing foods
so, no coca cola or bananas before bedtime.

Last week one of my musical composition
had stumped the Messiaen Society with
a case of Platonic spelunking

The Sundance Festival though rejected
my entire narrative ouevre.
I was sullen that day.

On good days I just take flight at will
and I get to places pretty quick and pretty easily.
I once spoke a furry unidentified mammal.

The other day I learnt to lucidly live
realising I was living inside of a life.
That was fun, as I started concocting adventures.

After this period of adjustment
I can confidently say that
all of my illusions are now unquestionable

but please no banana bread today
I couldn't fit another thing in.

Popular Posts