The Body as Event

''Yeah well, differentiated
cells and systems, muscles,
skeletal, endocrine but
what happens when you're
not in an anatomical mood?

Let me tell ya.

When the clinical notion
is not the first idea that
enters your thoughts then
the modern human tends
to dancing...street, cage,
techno (even though some of
my more ungenerous colleagues
call it social autism), partner dancing, the famous interpretive
dance, breakdancing in cemetries, saturday night fever
at automatic telling machines (again, my ungenerous colleagues call that fiscal schizophrenia), burlesque striptease, the polka, moshpit sporting, the precursor to royal sex that is the Viennese waltz, twerking and grinding for publicly condoned hard ons and frotage, carnival glitz of Rio (which is my preference, check my last publication) and hippy swaying to unplugged acoustic folk music.

Other than that, the entire physiology of a human is systemic. Dancing is a necessary counter to maintain universal homeostasis.''

I sat wondering if this was entirely relevant for my Torts and Contract lecture. Next week,
the professor wants to discuss
Italian cuisine.




Popular Posts