Flash Fiction: Dwelling and Abode

Many years ago I'd read a work by marginal beat writer describing a meeting place by a river furnished with colourful sofas, lamp stands, bunting and makeshift tables. This arrangement is common in some country towns. Any philosophical threat of rainfall is easily dealt with.

That maybe a bit new-age or hippy babes for me. I have a pile of A4 printouts of neoclassical draftings. I am fixated by their lines.

I don't want to do without the comfort of hippy sofa naturalism. Gradations must be made.

The brickwork here is already getting etched over by my stubbing out cigarettes. It looks like asemic artistry. There's my counterpart bunting.

To run the shower and have the drain grill covered. There's the central metaphor of river flow. Before that I should turn off the fusebox and enjoy unelectric currents.

The door handles. They're a modern excess. But off comes the whole door. Including the sliding glass doors. Invite the elements in. I prefer it this way and whatever decisions were made to arrive at this preference means I don't fit in. So let me re-arrange some stuff here. This is not a reno. I loudly repeat: this is not a reno.

I make the best with what I have. Granted, by having less. I want, excuse me, a floating mattress. I'd love a wooden skiff.

Removing walls is too much and I don't really know what I'm doing and it's too reno. This is not a reno. It's just the right level of casual. The piece of resistance lol is probably an indoors waterfall which pumps choloform at 10pm for the resolve of any remnant sleeplessness.

Just to tweak the everyday to familiar unrecognisability. There's ice cream.




Water Wonderland: Indoor Swamp
by berryrue

Popular Posts