A sketchy experience and memory...

An old wives tale says that rosemary is good for memory. So as the experimenter, I walked and smelled the rosemary bushes as the aromas travelled to me, with an immediacy that endured rains, storms, worms and summer. I took a small bag of rosemary home I had found on someone's wrought iron front fence. It said "Take as Much as You want" 


I smelt it, took it in, cooked with it, threw it around like lucky salt. I lived and took in the rosemary, smell, taste, sight, feel - damn I even put it to my ear to sense if any little bell noises emitted, bells tolling for me...


I became intoxicated by the smell, a drunkenness of days. I whiffed the rosemary for a week constantly! Did I remember anything? Yes.

I walked to work and passed a greenhouse. I looked and the sun glinted off the windows into my eyes. I suddenly smelt rosemary from that greenhouse. 



For a split second, - the recollection oft stays with me - my vision went black and everything of me, as a wave was transported back home with my face in the small bag of rosemary. A second later, I regained presence, and kept walking. 






A garden of my waves and frequencies, and particularities - do you get me?


One of the most amazing experiences of my life. I remember it now, this happened in 2009 and the memory came to me today. Memory in this experience, if memory is a metaphor, became literal. It was time travel not of memory as senses but as total body to place of presence. Time travel to a past space in chronology.

Popular Posts