Descartes



“I've not seen The Matrix but I've seen many films like it.” - Roger Penrose

“Everything is everything.” - Donny Hathaway


An apartment in Nantes, France March 23, 1623.

Rene Descartes has some time alone. A mug of ale, a cheroot and boots upon the table. Breathing in and approving of things here and there he thought “What if there's a pink elephant in the middle of the room? What if there's a pink elephant in the room and only I can see it, others can, can't, no-one? Anyone?”

“What if everything was a psy-op?” and he rolled on to think the historically famed what-if-my-brain-was-in-a-vat-being-manipulated-by-an-evil-genius-?”

It's not that you ultimately know nothing. I, for one, know my address. Nantes, France.

What if the greatest what-if is not uncertainty, this bothersome ununcertainty, but that it's all a fix and I'm not in on it. I've been duped. Someone's gotta pay up. It's not me, I look innocent, I am innocent.

The Evil Genius is sitting back in an apartment in Nantes France March 23, 1623. In the 14th dimension though. “I got that Rene guy. Nah, I get him. He got me, He's got my back, I'm taking him for a ride.”

I know nothing. Everything is a fix. Where can I be sure?

The bingo moment comes. 22 is two ducks. “Cogito ergo Sum. I think therefore I am. With all this uncertainty, ununcertainty, construction, plurimultipotent vitalism biscuits I can be sure that I'm thinking, I've been thinking here. I've thought about it.”

The Evil Genius who is co-temporal with Rene Descartes and co-spatial barring the 14th dimension gasps. They're unmasked. It's the Pink Elephant.

Popular Posts