Time in Triage RPAH 14/8/15

It isn't the first time
We all wait as the clock ticks away

I'm here with heart at 130 bpm
Dusty sweat

The commonality of heaves
Sighs tears blankets

Her in the red parka
We think she miscarried

My friend who came with me
When I had to go at a drop of a hat and I

A brave boy
Gashed forehead

An impatient fella
He's been here three hours though

This is the compass
Of compassion I've found

Over the two hours I am 
Feeling better

Heart is now at 120
A few hours ago

I didn't want to hear
Questions are you ok?

Because it has
Embedded in it

Not being ok
And that's a ravine

I could fall into 
The shake of fear

The eyes downcast because 
The green gowned doctors

Come out
Every half an hour

For a moment back there
I thought of my regrets

Maudlin 
Then I shut my eyes

In cloudy ecstasy 
And remember

Some of my loves
And the just one

Of my past loves
Now I miss her terribly

I see her in a golden morning room
Straddling me

Looking into my eyes
Her bare unbound body

Her eyes then shut close 
Perhaps in a cloudy ecstasy

A common 
A common cloud

Spanning back
In my memory-image

I feel reconciled
For a moment

All these pinpricks 
Of system connect

Moments, moment by moment
All in triage all strung by moments

Two hours ago they asked my DOB
I hold the medical staff in a bestowing happy

Acceptance
All I can give is trouble

Time beats per minute
I hear my one in memory

Last time I went into
Hospital she said loving things

When the ambulance took off
I remember the good times





Popular Posts