A draft prelude to Poetry After Extinction.

A bit of ambition though I do not know if I am up to it: creating a series of works under the rubric of "poetry after extinction".

Much like a time capsule that looks back to the populated earth and likely begins with an apologia in absentia to those still present and even future focussed. It's a bit of a temporal leap of the imagination that is possible in the virtual possibilities ahead and a terrifying or grieved acceptance of the event of extinction.

Myself as poet would be like a holon of the anthropocence - the template of the past paradigm so to say.

As well I could also make a leap of the imagination as a poet in the post-extinction age, placing my narrative persona in the post-anthropocene.

These are but some of the possibilities I have thought of for poetry after extinction.

Popular Posts