Poem Upon Waking

In my eyes I fulfilled the happiness of islands, their green and their avian fauna of shore's breadth

my forearms waved through great music on the foams
the startled deer took quiet pause under warm and open floes of landed bare feet

and my sex found terraced colours inhabiting gradients waxing to fruit full and split as ripe and stewed in honey and molasses

and my sweetness sought to wake and my fingers thought to document this span of sand, these wave lines bound by a

dearth of hearty sea spray and let the ships come because our prophets foresaw

Amtopheth, reptile of war, Flissade, mammal of peace, Roga, primate of thought, Powli human of serialised turbulence and they

foresaw a double on the back of an arc of velocity, spinning through spheres and bouyant with love found in immediacy.

Popular Posts